Tuesday, March 25, 2008

House wiring

I forgot to mention the excitement that we had this past weekend, the night before Easter. We had just finished taking showers after spending the afternoon at Avalon. We were getting ready to eat a dinner of leftovers when the electricity went off in half the house. We thought we had a fuse out or flipped but when we checked them, everything was fine. That is when we noticed a funny smell and saw a small stream of smoke coming out of the breaker box. We called Darrin's Dad and started taking the cover off. The smoke was mostly gone by then. Darrin's Dad found the cause of our smoke and loss of electricity. A critter of some variety had climbed into our large fuse box (looks like the things in monster movies that the scientist flips on and the monster wakes up) and got fried. The fuse he was next to was broken in half. We got a new fuse on Sunday and everything seems to be fine. But it was exciting for a few minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! I'm glad it happened during the evening when you were home and before you went to bed. The house could have burned down or something. yikes.

I'm pouty that you guys went to dim sum and I wasn't there to go too. I'm missing Houston already.

I've been meaning to tell you that I love the blog. I just want photos and more frequent updates. ;-)

hugs,
Karen

Anonymous said...

LOL... mom and I chose to comment on the same post! I'm enjoying it too. Just two nights ago we had a rotary fan blow out on us. Sparks and everything. Don't tell Pepaw! We were all fine. We'll see you soon. We are planning on being in Bryan on April 11th.