Monday, December 1, 2008

Very Happy Thanksgiving

Darrin and I had a great Thanksgiving. We spent Thursday with Darrin's family at his brother Duane's house. It was a fun time of feasting and talking. We had enough food for a week it seemed. We split up to get caught up on our sleep or clean our house (which is what I worked on). Then a few of us met back at Darrin's parent's house for ham sandwiches, green bean casserole and whatever else we could fit in.

Friday we slept in and ate a late breakfast and went to Lowes and Produces Coop to buy a few things we needed for the birds and Avalon. We went out to Avalon at 4:00 to shoot pictures of Nancy's family. Nancy is our office manager at the Studio. We had fun with her crazy family and joined them for dinner at Wings N more afterwards.

Saturday we got up early and headed down to San Antonio to spend some time with my parents. We stopped at a few pet stores to look at their saltwater fish and corals and a few garden centers to look at their bulbs. We were a little depressed to realize that Lowes had a much better selection than any of them had.

We had two fun days with my parents eating and catching up. They were getting ready to go to Big Bend for 5 days so we were jealous but hope they have a great time.

We are headed to Mexico in 10 days so I guess we get our break pretty soon. We have a wedding at a resort in Playa Del Carmen on December 13th. They are flying us down there and paying for all our expenses. They are not paying anything for the wedding photography but I think a paid for vacation is a pretty good price.

I hope each of you had a very Happy Thanksgiving and are looking forward to a very Merry Christmas. I know I am. I need to get our decorations down this week.

Be safe and blessed!

No comments: